Early detection, the prognosis of the disease and a comprehensive therapeutic guide are key to saving a patient with cancer.
At Genolife we use a simple blood test that can help you and your doctor stay up to date on the changes that cause the cancer to spread, become resistant or return.
When the cancer spreads, it sometimes changes and it is necessary to provide the doctor with all the information needed to carry out an adequate treatment.
Liquid biopsy gives you and your doctor a more complete understanding of metastatic cancer. Genolife uses the method of blood extraction, and in the blood is the information of the latest cancer changes, what you see in your results of our test is what is happening with your cancer today, not weeks, months or even years ago.
The science behind the liquid biopsy
- Cancer at any stage can shed tumor cells and DNA fragments into the bloodstream. The more advanced the cancer, the greater the number of tumor cells and DNA in the blood.
- Genolife has one of the most advanced methods to find these tumor cells and fragments of tumor DNA in the blood.
- You and your doctor can get even more information than you get from an invasive solid biopsy from a simple non-invasive blood sample.
Comparison between liquid biopsy with solid biopsy
What is analyzed in the liquid biopsy?
Who are candidates to carry out this test?
You can be a candidate to carry out this test if:
- Your doctor did not get enough information from a traditional solid biopsy.
- Your tumor is located in a place that is difficult to access and it is difficult, risky or impossible to access it through a traditional solid biopsy.
- The cancer comes back after surgery to remove the original tumor.
- Your cancer is not responding to treatment as your doctor expected.
- You have cancer and want to maximize the effectiveness of your treatment and minimize side effects.
Personalized medicine for cancer
Cancer is a tremendously complex, heterogeneous and dynamic disease. Today, the new “targeted therapies” aim to treat cancer more effectively and with fewer side effects that are specifically recognized by specific drivers or markers of unique cancer cells. The goal is to deliver personalized or precision medicine, in which the patient receives the appropriate therapy at the right time.
However, one of the greatest challenges for precision medicine is having a diagnostic test that can be found, understood and followed up on the unique molecular characteristics of a patient’s cancer, so that the oncologist can select and adapt the strategy therapy. The technology of our Cancer Genomics test is the only one capable of analyzing each cell in a blood sample that allows a more precise diagnosis, the early identification of cancers as well as better adjustments to a treatment of patients.
Do not hesitate to contact us with any question.
“At Genolife we use new, highly sensitive diagnostic tests that identify and characterize molecularly circulating tumor cells (CTCs) in the blood to provide a better way to detect cancer and customize and control treatments.”